Thursday 3 December 2009

More web comics.

I promised you more, didn't I? ^_^

Questionable Content
Author: Jeph Jaques
Genre: Real life, contemporary, humour, drama, romance, sci-fi,
Rating: um... I'd probably say for older teens, at least. Mostly for off-colour jokes.
Updates: Monday through Friday.
Book Available: Not yet, though he's working on it.
Questionable Content is about a group of friends, all young adults, who it more or less follows day to day. The main character is Martin, who works at the university library when he isn't out with his band.

Red String
Author: Gina Biggs
Genre: Romance, contemporary, Drama, Humour.
Rating: Teen. 14+ or so, I'd say. Some adult stuff - two of the characters have sex. It's not graphic - you see them in their underwear, and a shot from the waist up but the guy's arm is covering her breasts, so you still don't see anything. There is also a F/F pairing. Arranged marriages, which the characters generally accept to some extent. Love triangles.
Updates: Comics are Monday to Thursday, Fridays are Sketch days.
Book Available: 4 so far, with #5 available to pre-order.
You start out with the main character, Miharu, who is informed that her parents have arranged a marriage for her. Needless to say, this doesn't go over well, and she runs off. While wandering around the city, she ends up at the park and meets a young man around her age, who she quickly forms a connection with. I'll avoid saying any more to avoid spoilers, so if you want to find out what happens next you'll have to read for yourself!

I'll put some more comics up later. Have fun reading!

1 comment:

  1. I read both of these! I have to say QC is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete